Friday, November 30, 2007

Music Video Censorship

Post for 11/16/07
I am relieved to hear about someone doing something about the disturbing visual images found in rap videos today. I am even more pleased to learn that the people demanding it are African Americans. My opinion on music videos has changed over the past few weeks due to my class project. I am not a fan of BET or really any show that plays music videos, but for my project my group chose to observe them. I watched 10 videos and only found the rap ones to be bothersome. I can imagine the outrage the white community would have if the majority of practically naked girls dancing on TV would have if those girls were white. I am a firm believer in not whining but doing something about your situation and that seems to be what the protesters were doing. Congrats to them!

HH

No comments: