Friday, November 30, 2007

Hollywood Asians

Post for 11/23/07
I was looking at three different brochures today and noticed that each version displayed a person of a different race, all but Native Americans. It got me thinking that I rarely even see Asians on the covers of anything, much less on television. So, it was interesting for me to read this article in the same day. I am a huge fan of Sandra Oh, and am so happy to see her succeeding, but I am sad to think that none other of my favorite actresses are Asian, that may only be because there are so few. When I watch TV I see people not colors, just like when I am walking down the street. I don't see why Hollywood producers do not want Asians to have a larger role on screen. It doesn't make sense to me.
I also love to watch Heroes which shows people of all races and languages. I only find it to be more entertaining and even try to repeat some of the words; who knows maybe I can impress someone one day by knowing how to say "cool" in Japanese. I hope something can be done about this sad lack of culture and race acceptance on TV.

HH

No comments: